Python is a popular and highly sophisticated programming language with understandable syntax, sophisticated data types and the ability to integrate with many domains. Use the following steps as your starting point for studying the widely acclaimed Python programming language.
1. Read about getting started with programming at the Swaroopch website. Review the “A Byte Of Python” tutorial on programming found on the website’s blog page.
2. Go to Python’s home page. Access the page for “Beginners Guide Non-Programmers.” Review the list of how-to articles and tutorials for a background on general computer programming.
3. Complete the lessons in Python language at Live Wires’ website. Do all the worksheets devoted to writing graphical games.
4. Peruse the sections entitled “Variables” and “Statements, Expressions And Functions” at the Pasteur Group’s homepage. Pay special attention to the data and value types for all listed variables. Start sequencing statements and functions within Python expressions.
5. Continue studying Python by focusing on how to communicate with the outside. Read from and into a Python file. Then find out how to address errors within files.
6. Define functions in Python, including namespaces and Boolean functions. Focus on nesting data structures and changing nested structures. Learn how to handle file attributes and operations within programs.
7. Further your study by using modules within Python. See how to build modules, where to locate them and how they work. Import statements using modules. Build modules by defining functions and setting parameters.