1. Writing for revenue sharing sites
I introduce this first since I feel that it is the best way for newbie to start making money online. With this method, you write the articles about topics you master and post them to some special sites. If your articles meet some requirements, such as people like them, or they click on the links within the posts, and then buy goods, then you will receive the money.
- Cost nothing. Signing up to these sites is often free.
- You can start working immediately, or whenever you want
- Utilize your knowledge about some fields.
- You need to learn something, especially SEO and keyword research.
- You need to be patient.
If you master some certain skills, then this is one of the best online jobs for college students. Basically, with this type, you work some certain tasks for people who have work need to be done. The tasks can vary, from SEO, writing, graphic design, video editing, voice recording, etc. Choose what depends on your skill you master.
- High chances for jobs since we are talking about international labor market
- Have chances to practice your skills
- Earn really well if you prove yourself
- Need to build prestige gradually since you will have to face with high competition from others
- Need to arrange the time to meet the requirements of employers
3. Answering Questions / Giving Advice
This is not so popular among online jobs, but if you can utilize it, this can bring you good money. There are some sites where you can read the questions and answer them, and if your answers are good enough, you will receive money for them.
- Cost nothing
- Easy to start
- Utilize your knowledge of specific fields.
- Need patience
- Income can be not good as many other popular methods at start.
4. Sell Your Own Products On E-commerce Sites
Here is one of the most traditional way of eCommerce, but sometimes we forget it! Just imagine: You clear out your house, and find that there are many stuff that you don’t need any more. So, why don’t you sell them to others who may need those things? Or other sample, you have a skill of making hand-made, lovely crafts. So, it will be wasted if you don’t sell them somewhere.
- You get direct money from sold products.
- Simple, easy to understand business method
- You have to face with issues like inventory, return goods, negative feedback, etc.
- Have to deal with high competition if your products are not unique from others.
5. Sell Products You Don’t Own, Affiliate Marketing
I bet that you’ve heard about this business model before, since it is very hot nowadays. Its main idea is that you help the product owners to sell to the customers via a special type of link (called affiliate link), and if the customers did purchase the goods, you receive the commission. Basically, you play the role of middleman here.
- No need to own products
- Quite high commission rate (especially for digital products)
- Huge potential, and if you do well, you can continue even after leaving school.
- Simple concept, but hard to execute since you will have to deal with high competition, and buyer’s suspicion
- This is long term business, you need to build your empire gradually.
6. Online Survey Jobs
This is simple tasks, you just need to complete the surveys or other tasks from providers, and then you receive the money. Again, simple concept but not easy to get well income.
- Simple, easy to sign up, cost nothing
- You can do it in idle time, as a way of killing time while earning money
- You have to be very patient since the rate for each survey is quite low
- Strong warning: You need to be very careful when choosing the services since the fraud rate in this business model is very high
One of the best online jobs if you’re finding the long-term, most potential business model. Basically, you set up a blog about any topic you’re interested in, and then write the posts regularly. If your contents are good enough, plus some effort of SEO and keyword research, many people will visit your blog, and this is time you get the money. There are many ways to monetize the blog: Put the Google Adsense ads, put affiliate links, or sell your own products, etc.
- If you have knowledge about certain fields and are willing to share with others, this is the best choice.
- Stable, passive income when the blog becomes more popular
- You need to put many efforts, time, and also money (for domain, hosting, SEO, graphic, etc.) on your blog before it becomes your golden mine.
8. Stock Trading / Online Investing
If you’re willing to take the risk and do the market research regularly, then this type of online jobs if suitable for you. With this model, you can buy and sell stock online, live with stock daily, and always take notice about the smallest signs of money and market.
- Can earn big money if you’re good enough or lucky enough J
- Very flexible about time
- Easily lose everything if you don’t know what you’re doing.
9. Writing Reviews
There are some websites which pay you to write reviews on your blog/websites. The reviews may vary, mostly about services and products. Some sites are quite strictly in blog approving process, so you may have to wait or upgrade your blog’s quality content.
- Utilize your blog
- Practice your writing skill (especially product review writing)
- You may face some difficulties in approving process
- You can’t use this model very often, since your readers can feel that your blog is full of selling, and go away without coming back.
10. Online Tutoring Jobs
If you like teaching career, and have the patience, you will consider this as the best online jobs for college students. With this type, you will register to tutor students online, rather than meeting them in person.
You can have more detailed view about this type of job here.
- Suitable for people with teaching ability
- Review your knowledge in tutor process.
- Need to be patient, especially when meet the students with weak standard of knowledge
11. Document Translation Jobs
This is suitable for foreigner language students, who can master at least 2 languages. Things need to be translated are various, such as eBook, contract, literature work, etc. And you will be paid based on the translated pages, or based on the whole work.
- Chances to practice your translating skill
- Earn well if you can prove yourself
- Need good skill of foreigner language
- Require you to work hard if you want to be successful in this online jobs type.
12. Virtual Assistant
This is quite new type of online job, and also one of the most blooming ones. It was born to meet the requirements of the Internet business age. As a virtual assistant, you provide general assistance: administrative, scheduling, bookkeeping, sometimes event planning—from your home office.
- High income if you do the tasks well
- Big job chance since the demand for this job is continually increasing
- You have to master many skills, for example: administrative experience; excellent organizational and time-management skills, etc.
- The time is usually fixed based on the requirements of employers.